Monday, February 18, 2008

too much...............

Discussions underway with TAC (accident commission) Re: surgery. Now it's March the 3rd for a definitive answer on whether they will cover both plate removal in my wrist and an exploratory on my knee injury. It's going on and on....

Lots of autumnal activities are hinging on this getting over and done with quickly, but it is a lesson in patience.

A trip to my GP to get more letters for TAC brought up the fact that I have two small Basal Cell Carcinomas on my face that need dealing with. Now I have an appointment with a dermatologist on 17th March to have that seen to, which will probably be on crutches!

Apart from getting toasty brown in my teens, I developed a serious dislike for all that hot UV on my face and body, and have been reluctant to expose myself much ever since. I figure now I could be made to suffer quite successfully by tying me down outside on a hot day: bit like Chinese water torture!

Obviously I haven't covered up enough. All those years in the sun have made their mark, but I am lucky to only have the least threatening of the skin cancers. I came home and told my man he was off to the doc's for a check too, as he has one just like mine that will need doing too.

It is now time for a 'tidy-up'! I have made an appointment to see the dentist as well for next week: the first time in about eight years. The receptionist said cheerily, "We'll set aside about an hour to go over your teeth and see what needs doing". That's the sound of dollar signs lining up!
Sheesh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apart from that, I found a beautiful long brown stick insect doing a lazy breast stroke in the dog's water this morning. About six inches long and missing one leg, he was pleased to be lifted out and released from his slow desperate circles. I still don't have my new camera yet (it's very late in the post!), so couldn't snap his picture, but I did save a life today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a stinker of a hot day, but a cool change is expected tonight. We are soooo dry, and desperate for good rain. The poodles are freshly bathed and dry in a jiffy, so we're all out to the air conditioned comfort of the studio to work on my big painting.

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream! "
... John Lennon

No comments: