Monday, February 11, 2008

More about Bee Stings

'Gustave Nude'
This was an experimental painting done after the style of Klimt, whose work I really love. There is quite a lot of gold leaf on it; the first time I have used that. It is somewhat flawed (aren't they all?), but I still like it.
Oil on canvas, and framed.
AU$750 + p.h


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wrote about being stung by my bees last week, I had a comment from someone who said she had severe pain with her arthritis and nothing worked. After a busy time out over the weekend, I actually remarked to my man that I had little or no arthritic pain in my knee, which has given me a terrible time lately. I did receive a sting just below the joint which had quite a strong reaction. Maybe wishful thinking, but I really hadn't thought about it before it occurred to me on Sunday.

Bee stings provide a lot of anti-inflammatory agents, but would wear off pretty quickly, I would imagine.


More stings? Hard work. I might cut a hole over my knee in my bee suit and point it at the hive every now and again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sound from my little swallow this morning. They die quickly with no food and lots of stress, but it hasn't dropped into the fire box yet. I will listen for it some more. We're going to put chicken wire over the top of the chimney so it doesn't happen again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was my grandson's birthday yesterday, and I made a big chocolate sponge birthday cake for us to take down to him last night. Wondering what to give to him for his birthday, I remembered how a couple of weeks ago we went through the Bent Objects Blog laughing at the wonderful creatures this clever man makes out of pieces of wire, assorted vegetables and households bits and pieces.

Perfect! I went to The Warehouse and bought some wire cutters, narrow nosed pliers, a roll of fine wire and a plastic snap top container to put it all in.

He was delighted, and after lighting the candles and cutting the cake, he got one of his mum's carrots and made his first creature.

"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
... Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne

No comments: