Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's Stopped Blowing

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."
.....A. A. Milne. From the book Winnie the Pooh

Today, finally, there is no wind, and I feel vaguely confused because of the stillness.

Five and a half weeks since my tangle with a car and I am tired of the pain, the confinement, and having to negotiate everything single handed.

Each week I have had warm and wonderful visits from a friend or family member, which has diverted my darker moments for a time.

I tell myself constantly I am so lucky to have not been injured more, but even the effort of staying upbeat is draining.

Yesterday I found the tip of the screw that pokes through my wrist bone and comes out the other side. I showed the x-ray to a nurse friend who expressed concern. Finding a sharp point sitting exposed into my flesh perhaps means every time I put pressure on it, it will pierce a new hole. Maybe it will need to be taken out.............


My thumb doesn't bend, and complains loudly at its base each time I try to move it. More injury needing more treatment? I hope not.

Hanging on so hard to the bike bars as I impacted has stressed that joint hugely along with shattering my wrist.
....................................

Grumble over. It's my birthday on the first, and I get to choose a present ..... maybe a chandelier for my bedroom, or an external hard drive for my photos. If I don't choose something, he stresses out, wanting to get me the perfect present. I don't need much, other than my hand back.

I'm off out to the studio to struggle over some ideas I am trying. I'll post another picture from my garden to brighten up your day. :0)


No comments: