Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Community Duty

..... that's what my man called it, when he went down on his Harley yesterday to pick up my grandson from his school (see post below). I am sure I will hear more tonight, but his mum rang up very pleased with his excitement and the positive impression it made on the other kids....... hopefully the bullying brats. All of a sudden, everyone knew his name.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have heaps of jobs to do today, before checking into hospital at 11 a.m. tomorrow for a bit of 'slicing and dicing'. It will be good to get it over with, though I'm not looking forward to the process ......

Just to add to the festivity, I have my first 'working' appointment with my dentist today, who has lots of fun projects planned out for me ~ $2700 worth of fun!

Eight years since the last visit, and I am going to pay for it in more ways than one.
I had x-rays done yesterday, and the radiologist said, "This doesn't hurt, but that's the only thing that doesn't with the dentist!" I think he meant the pain in the wallet!


Not Me!

Dentist: a prestidigitator who, putting metal into your mouth, pulls coin out of your pocket. ~Ambrose Bierce

2 comments:

zooms said...

Glad to hear that the Harley and rider had the desired effect,

good luck with the slice and dice,
another step forwards x

and I just so wish I had good teeth. (or no teeth,
anything except this halfway house of a mouth)

Robyn Rinehart Art said...

Thank you Zooms....

Having good teeth seems to belong to the young. My grown up daughters all have NO fillings, the product of a childhood on fluoride in the water.

Our era had poor dentistry, and let's face it, most of us can be a bit slack!

Half way house sounds about right here too......