Monday, September 24, 2007

One Armed Difficulties

Today, I have tried to push my capabilities and get some extra housework done. I figure there are many people out there who are permanently in this predicament, and have to get by.

So I filled the bucket with hot water and got the mop and had a go at washing the floor. I did it finally, but spilled half a bucket onto the floor, which took ages to suck up again. Next I took some plates out to the kitchen and dropped a favourite bowl, which shattered into shards all over the floor. How to pick that up? As you need a hand for the spade and one for the brush, I needed to get really creative.

So many small complications, which take up a large part of my day and energy.

So I stumbled out to the studio and had a go at my promised pen and wash of our new lamb, but, messed that up as well. I will have another go tomorrow.

Things will get better...........

"Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. "
... Mary Pickford

No comments: