Sunday, January 13, 2008

'Grumpy Bee Gals'

Our girls have memories, it seems, or they smelled minuscule amounts of their honey on my hands yesterday when I was moving some frames nearby.

They chase with such vehement determination, banging and buzzing around my head, reducing me to a stumbling shambles, flapping my hands at my hair. I am going to wear my veil and a long sleeved shirt for a few days until they get over the drama.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
... Anaïs Nin, Diary, 1969

.................................................

Completed birthday gift commission of the historic stone Avenel Bridge, north of Melbourne.

It was built in 1859, I think, and has connections with Victoria's most notorious bushranger, Ned Kelly. Now, it is only used as a foot bridge, with an ugly, modern bridge built right next door for road traffic.

My client's wife grew up nearby in the 60s and played there often.

Oh, to be so free! Young people these days are under such parental control, memories like this will be a thing of the past.......

No comments: