Sunday, December 2, 2012

Monday Morning

It's a new week and lots going on. We went for a lovely luncheon at Cloudehill in the Dandenong Ranges yesterday. The spectacular gardens are at their best right now, with verdant clipped hedges and great banks of spring flowers. I have made a post about this wonderful place a few years back, so query on that post and have a look. Sadly, I didn't take my camera, so no new photos. Great food, ambiance, service and company made for a beautiful day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am trialling contact lenses at the moment, after years of finding glasses extremely uncomfortable. Specsavers in our local town have been really friendly, helpful and professional .... and patient, taking all the time I needed to learn to install, remove and clean, etc. I was getting quite good at it, but at some stage on Saturday afternoon, I rubbed my eye, and then realised that one had disappeared. I might add, it took me a while to work that out, just thinking I was a bit cloudy because my eye was irritated!

So, thinking I had rubbed it out and lost it, I scoured the house trying to find it, to no avail. Great puzzlement.

I wore glasses all yesterday and last night. 

This morning, I thought my eye felt a little odd, and wondering as I always do, got onto Google and asked whether your contacts can get lost in your eye. Yes, they can.

To cut a long story short, I rolled my eyeball and eyelid around, and there it was!

3 comments:

iODyne said...

amazing. back in 1966 I had a rich girlfriend who had the first contacts I had ever known about, and one fell out while we were all dancing round our handbags at a disco. of course we were hysterical but you could never believe we found it in the dark crowded place. a way to discourage eye-rubbing is to wear some spec frames with the lenses out. the frame gets in the way of your hand and then you would remember. x x

iODyne said...

it is exactly 5 years since you posted at Lyfe Bytes
(I couldn't comment when I went there (or maybe it was AoD who went there, I confuse myselfs)

Robyn Rinehart Art said...

Five years? Wow, time flies. i started that with a view to entertain my children with what life used to be like for us ancients, and never progressed. Must get back to that; it was good fun.

Re: contacts. My reason for trying them was that I find glasses so uncomfortable, any solution would be an improvement. I am still having trouble with them, and have been back to Specsavers with one folded over that I couldn't get out. He is very kind to me, though he did say "The look on your face is priceless!"

Another plus is people are saying I look so much younger and at my age that's great!