Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve

 

It's going to a be funny Christmas this year. Mr Bliss has ridden off down the driveway this morning to travel to Merimbula and spend it with two of his children and their significant others, and his one grandson.

I could have gone, but am a bit antisocial at the moment, and the dogs need looking after. I am quite happy 'home alone', doing just what I feel like ..... and no Christmas food to prepare.

I am being spoiled by my ex-sister-in-law, and am going down there tomorrow lunch time for food and family. After I divorced her brother-in-law, I kept up a long standing friendship with her, and we are great pals.

So, my ex-family is like real family and all will be there. Ninety two y.o. mum, hubby, two adult kids and assorted grand children. My daughter and her 5 y.o.son will also be there as she was the catalyst that got us all together when she was twelve and friends with Nicole.

There will be heaps of food, as they love to cook. Jim, who is American, always makes a big event out of stuffing the ('goddamn') turkey, and Kath gets the Bain Marie out and fills it with far too much.

I'm a vegetarian, but I know she is thoughtfully catering to my preference, promising lots of variety for me to tuck in.

So, bring it on! Just some wrapping of presents, no Christmas Tree to fuss over, and being spoiled tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

that sounds lovely, but will her brother/your Ex be there? Christmas is a social minefield sometimes.
Wishing you a happy day Blissy. X X

Robyn Rinehart Art said...

No, he won't, and I wouldn't go if he was. Sadly, it seems he is very ill with cancer and won't be going anywhere social this Christmas. Merry Christmas Ann! xxx

Ann ODyne said...

ex-husbands are a minefield as well. Another blogger I like - No Place For Sheep - recently went interstate for some time to nurse her seriously ill ex. I know I would do the same for mine if his current wife wasn't a nurse. x x