Monday, February 27, 2012

'Bermagui Reflections'


This painting was done around 1990 for my Bermagui solo show at Brighton. The reflections nearly sent me crazy, but the result was worth all the work. 

It came runner up in the National Atelier Competition and it's photo was in Australian Artist Magazine.... October 1991 ( I think?).

People came into the show looking to buy it, but it was snapped up early.

I have since done it in pastel as well, and that has sold off my website to a man who bought others at Brighton.

The boats and water were beautiful early in the morning and late afternoon, with still water, orangey light and not too many humans around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exceptionally nice and who could not be calm while looking at it.

Robyn Rinehart Art said...

Thank you Andrew.